20% of Voters Less Likely to Pick Mitt Due to Wealth
A new Gallup poll finds that one in five registered voters is less likely to vote for Romney because of his $200 million-plus net worth.
On the other hand, just 4% of Republican voters said they’re turned off by his wealth (and 8% said they’re more likely to vote for him because of it), while 19% of independents and 37% of Democrats said his riches would make them less likely to vote for Romney.
A whopping 75% of all voters say Romney’s wealth makes no difference in their likelihood of voting for him, and 4% in all say it increases their likelihood. But when you look at the results just from voters who make less than $24,000 per year, the numbers skew a bit: 28% say they are less likely to vote for Romney due to his net worth, while 68% say it makes no difference and 4% say it makes them more likely to vote for him.